Data Privacy Notice
This might not be the most entertaining read you will ever have. However, since you entrust us with your documents that sometimes contain personal data, we want you to know how we handle them.
Who are we?
Hello! Our friends, clients, business partners and other interested parties know us as PortLingo – a company that helps others to conquer the international markets with high-quality translation and localization services. Unfortunately, we were unable to register PortLingo as our company name in Portugal, so to look up our company in legal registers, you should search for:
PTLG Translations, Lda
VAT No. PT 515693308
Legal address: Rua do Cruzeiro do Monte, N.º 4 4705-227 Braga
Why do we need your data?
In short – to do business with you. Without your data, our cooperation would not be possible. We will never use your data for any other reason than to conduct business with you, and we will never sell or hand over your personal data to any third parties.
What personal data do we collect?
If you are a client: Your name, contact information, organization or company name, and billing and payment information. Your project files (source and target translation) are stored in our system for two years in case you need to update or amend any parts in our translation.
If you are a vendor: Your name, contact information and company name (if any) + proof of your qualifications (CV, diploma copies, certificates, reference letters and your signed Individual Contractor Agreement).
How do we collect your data?
We use data that we collect directly from you or your organization. We either collect the data in emails, during a conversation or from the contact form on our website.
How long do we keep your data?
We will keep your personal data for no longer than reasonably necessary for our ongoing business relationship and for accountancy purposes. We do not wish to retain your data any longer than this, as it is of no use to us, and we do not use any of the information in your data for any purpose other than that it was collected for.
Who has access to your data?
Access to your personal data is granted to PortLingo employees only. We reserve the right to share your personal data with some of our external suppliers (accountancy service provider, IT service provider, etc.) under a written agreement that commits to safeguard your personal data and implement appropriate technical and organizational security measures.
What are your rights?
Following the rules of the GDPR, you are entitled to:
- Access to personal data concerning you. You may also request a copy of this data, provided that this does not adversely affect the rights of others (right to access);
- Correct or update the personal data concerning you (right to rectification);
- Request erasing your personal data (‘right to be forgotten’);
- Request the restriction of the processing of your personal data (right to restriction);
- Receive the personal data provided by you using a structured, readable format. You are also entitled to transfer this data to another data controller (right to data portability);
- File a complaint to the supervisory authority if you consider your rights have been violated;
- Withdraw your consent and/or unsubscribe at any time, free of charge, without giving any reason. The withdrawal of consent will not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
The rights above are not absolute and may be limited due to reasons determined in the GDPR.
To exercise your rights to data rectification, erasure, portability, access, and/or restricted processing, please email email@example.com.